San Francisco Plastic Surgeon Dr. Mosser's Credentials
“It is very satisfying for me to enhance the lives of other people, and help them make an optimistic change that will serve them for years to come.”
— Dr. Mosser
- November 2005 — Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- October 2007 — Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- June 2004 — Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship with John Q. Owsley, MD, California Pacific Medical Center, San Francisco, CA
- June 2003 — Plastic Surgery Fellowship (3 years), University Hospitals of Cleveland / Case Western Reserve University Affiliate Program, Cleveland, OH
- June 2000 — General Surgery Internship and PGY 2-3 Residency (3 years), University Hospitals of Cleveland / Case Western Reserve University Affiliate Program Cleveland, OH
- May 1997 — Doctorate in Medicine (4 years), Baylor College Of Medicine, Houston, TX
- June 1992 — Biochemistry B.S., Magna Cum Laude (4 years), Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
Awards and Honors
- Red Ribbon Award for exemplary service to those living with HIV/AIDS (for extensive work administering Sculptra), San Francisco Medical Center/Kaiser Permanente — 2005
- Fulbright National Research Grant to Ecuador, South America — 1992
- Phi Beta Kappa — 1992
- Blue Key Honors Fraternity — 1990–92
- Mortar Board Honors Society — 1991–92
- Presidential Scholar — 1988–92
State Medical License
- California Active Physician and Surgeon’s California medical license (certificate no. A82437)
Publications and Research Presentations
- Mosser, SW Chapter 2: Suture Materials in Southwestern University Plastic Surgery Handbook, Janis, J ed., Submitted for publication
- Mosser, SW Chapter 39: Lip Reconstruction in Southwestern University Plastic Surgery Handbook, Janis, J ed., Submitted for publication
- Mosser, SW Chapter 76: Facelift in Southwestern University Plastic Surgery Handbook, Janis, J ed. Submitted for publication
- Matsuoka, H, Seto, M, Mosser, SW, Seitz, WH. Complications of Pin-Plate "Fragment Specific Fixation" for Distal Radius Fractures. Poster presentation at American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Annual Meeting New Orleans, LA, 2/5/03-2/9/03
- Mosser, SW, Guyuron, B, Janis, J, Rohrich, R. The Anatomy of the Greater Occipital Nerve: Implications on the Etiology of Migraine Headaches. Plast. Recon. Surg 113(2):693-7.
- Janis, J, Rohrich, R., Mosser, SW, Guyuron, B. Anatomy of the Greater Occipital Nerve- Implications regarding the Etiology and Treatment of Migraine Headaches", presented at the 2002 Annual Texas Society of Plastic Surgeons Scientific Meeting, September 20th, 2002.
- Mosser, SW, Guyuron, B, Janis, J, Rohrich, R. The Anatomy of the Greater Occipital Nerve and Migraine Headaches. Presented at the Ohio Valley Plastic Surgery Society Annual Meeting, June 7, 2002
- Mosser, SW, Blinkhorn, R, Bernard, SB, Jordan, R, Malangoni, M Rapidly Growing Mycobacteria Infections: Support for Combined Surgical and Antibiotic Treatment. Presented at the Ohio Valley Plastic Surgery Society Annual Meeting, June 8, 2001.
- Friedman, J, Mosser, SW, Chapter 4: Closure Material in Operative Plastic Surgery, Evans, GR, ed. McGraw-Hill 1999.
- Evans, GR, Friedman, J, Shenaq, J, Mosser, SW Plantar flap reconstruction for acral lentiginous melanoma. Ann Surg. Onc. 1997;4(7):575-78.
- Friedman, J, Evans, G, Shenaq, J, Mosser, SW Reconstruction of Soft Tissue Defects Post Melanoma Resection: Experience with 114 Closures. Presented at American College of Surgeons Meeting, March 16, 1996 San Antonio, TX
- Di Maio, D, Mills, NS, Gum, A, Mosser, SW Attempted Synthesis of Hexamethyl Fulvene, Microchemical Journal 47:167-71, 1993
- California Pacific Medical Center — Full admitting privileges
- St. Mary's Medical Center — Full admitting privileges
- St. Francis Medical Center — Full admitting privileges
- American Society of Plastic Surgery — Active Member