If you're considering an abdominoplasty in San Francisco ...
Even people who stick to strict exercise and weight-control programs very often find they can't achieve the flat, well-toned stomachs they desire. The reasons are many: from simple heredity and spine abnormalities to multiple pregnancies, prior surgery, the simple fact of aging, and dramatic fluctuations in weight. The problem also afflicts people of normal weight and body proportion. Despite their best efforts, their stomachs protrude over their waistlines, or the skin is loose and sagging. Abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck , helps you achieve a flatter, tighter abdomen by removing excess fat and skin, and in some cases, by restoring weakened or separated muscles. The result of an abdominoplasty is a flatter, smoother stomach that is more pleasing to the eye. In this section, you will discover:
- how an abdominoplasty can improve your appearance
- what you can realistically expect from a tummy tuck surgery
- whether you're a suitable candidate for abdominoplasty
- the options available to you
- how the abdominoplasty procedure is done
Once you've reviewed the benefits and the surgical procedure of an abdominoplasty, you'll want to set up a consultation visit with Dr. Mosser in his office or in one of his Bay Area plastic surgery locations to discuss your specific goals. In this relaxed environment, he will be able to explain to you:
- whether or not you're a candidate for abdominoplasty
- the best options to help you meet your specific goals for a flatter abdomen
- the step-by-step abdominoplasty procedure that you will undergo
- the outcome you can reasonably expect along with risks and possible complications of abdominoplasty
- alternatives to abdominoplasty worthy of your consideration
Abdominoplasty is commonly known as a tummy tuck . It surgically corrects a loose or sagging abdomen. It entails a number of techniques. When loose, sagging skin and tissue are the cause for example, the unwanted fat, skin, and tissue is surgically removed. When local fat is the cause, liposuction may be used as part of body contour surgery. If abdominal muscles have weakened or separated, a condition called diastasis, surgery can correct them. An abdominoplasty cannot remove stretch marks, except when they're located on the skin to be removed, which is typically below the navel. Furthermore, abdominoplasty cannot be a substitute for weight loss or a healthy lifestyle, which includes moderate exercise.
Learn about the best candidates for Tummy Tuck Surgery in San Francisco